On September 24, 1969, the then Union Education Minister Dr. V.K.R.V. Rao, launched the NSS programme in 37 Universities
covering all States and simultaneously requested the Chief Ministers of States for their cooperation and help.
It was appropriate that the programme was started during the Gandhi Centenary Year as it was Gandhiji who inspired the
Indian youth to participate in the movement for Indian independence and the social uplift of the downtrodden masses of our
The motto of the National Service Scheme (N.S.S.) is "Not Me, Not You, But We", This expresses the essence of democratic
living and upholds the need for selfless services and appreciation of another man's point of view and also show consideration
for fellow human beings.
The main aim of National Service Scheme is personality development through social service or community service.
The NSS Unit was inaugurated by Dr.K.P.Srinivasa Rao,Vice-President of our College on 24-12-2003.
NSS Advisory Committee :-
Chairman (Principal) : Dr.G.Anil Kumar.
Programme officer Mr.B.Narendra Kumar
Members : Mr.K.Suresh Kumar.
1. NSS Advisory Committee Meeting were arranged two times every year for Sanctioning the budget and other innovative
2. Organised evaluation conferences for N.S.S. Programme Officer every year for evaluation of N.S.S. activities.
3. Focused more emphasis on AIDS awareness programme in order to create the awareness amongst NSS Volunteers and
4. Blood donation camps were arranged in every year and the collected blood was given to certified blood banks in all the
5. NSS special camping programmes on various themes were arranged as per the recommendations of the State and Central